6 killed in gun attack in violent Mexican state
Mexico City: Mexican officials say gunmen burst into a home in the western state of Michoacan and opened fire, killing six people and wounding 10.
State prosecutors say the shooting Sunday night in the town of Tuxpan targeted a family that had fled threats from members of organised crime in the state of Mexico.
Officials say at least 47 shots were fired from two high-caliber weapons.
The family had fled the state of Mexico in January for Michoacan, which is one of the most violent states in Mexico and the centre of a struggling federal government effort to reassert state control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor
- Congress accuses TMC government of taking soft stand on BJP
- J&K convoy ambushes: 15 troops killed in last one year
- J&K govt orders probe into Humhama land grabbing issue