6 killed in gun attack in violent Mexican state
Mexico City: Mexican officials say gunmen burst into a home in the western state of Michoacan and opened fire, killing six people and wounding 10.
State prosecutors say the shooting Sunday night in the town of Tuxpan targeted a family that had fled threats from members of organised crime in the state of Mexico.
Officials say at least 47 shots were fired from two high-caliber weapons.
The family had fled the state of Mexico in January for Michoacan, which is one of the most violent states in Mexico and the centre of a struggling federal government effort to reassert state control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal