6 people dead in apparent domestic dispute in US
Greenwood (US): Authorities say an apparent domestic dispute in a South Carolina home has left six people dead.
Greenwood County Sheriff`s Office spokesman John Long told The Associated Press yesterday that the dead include four adults and two children. He said the bodies were discovered by a SWAT team that entered the house "after several unsuccessful attempts to make contact" with someone inside.
Long says officers first went to the home in the city of Greenwood after receiving a call from a man who said he was thinking about hurting himself. He says while police were on their way, one of the man`s neighbours called police saying children from that address had arrived at her house and told her a shot had been fired.
Long says a preliminary investigation indicates the shootings were "a domestic-related incident."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today