6.0 magnitude quake off Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific off western Costa Rica on Thursday, US seismologists reported.
The United States Geological Survey said the quake occurred near the city of Sandoval at 12:29 GMT. It was not immediately known if there were casualties or damage.
Quake-prone Costa Rica was rattled in September of last year by a powerful 7.6-magnitude earthquake which briefly knocked out power and caused widespread panic, but no known deaths or injuries.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii today did not immediately issue a warning over the threat of a tidal wave from today`s quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview