6.0 magnitude quake off Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific off western Costa Rica on Thursday, US seismologists reported.
The United States Geological Survey said the quake occurred near the city of Sandoval at 12:29 GMT. It was not immediately known if there were casualties or damage.
Quake-prone Costa Rica was rattled in September of last year by a powerful 7.6-magnitude earthquake which briefly knocked out power and caused widespread panic, but no known deaths or injuries.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii today did not immediately issue a warning over the threat of a tidal wave from today`s quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi