6.0 magnitude quake off Costa Rica: USGS
Washington: A 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific off western Costa Rica on Thursday, US seismologists reported.
The United States Geological Survey said the quake occurred near the city of Sandoval at 12:29 GMT. It was not immediately known if there were casualties or damage.
Quake-prone Costa Rica was rattled in September of last year by a powerful 7.6-magnitude earthquake which briefly knocked out power and caused widespread panic, but no known deaths or injuries.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii today did not immediately issue a warning over the threat of a tidal wave from today`s quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional