600,000 people evacuated in Vietnam as typhoon nears: Officials
Hanoi: More than 600,000 people were evacuated as super typhoon Haiyan veered towards Vietnam, authorities said on Sunday, after the storm smashed through the Philippines killing thousands and causing widespread devastation.
"We have evacuated more than 174,000 households, which is equivalent to more than 600,000 people," an official report by Vietnam`s flood and storm control department said Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'