604,000 Syrian refugees in Lebanon: UNHCR
Beirut: The UNHCR says that the number of Syrian refugees in Lebanon getting aid from the government, the UN and its NGO partners has reached 604,000.
It said the number of registered refugees was more than 517,000 while more than 87,000 were still waiting for their registration process to get over, reports Xinhua.
It added 181,000 Syrian refugees were registered in northern Lebanon, 175,000 in the eastern Bekaa region, 95,000 in Beirut and Mount Lebanon, and 65,000 in southern Lebanon.
UN Higher Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres said refugees in Lebanon have surpassed 25 percent of its own population and were causing a huge burden on the state and people of Lebanon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH