6.1-magnitude quake strikes eastern Indonesia
Jakarta: A 6.1-magnitude undersea earthquake
Wednesday struck off Indonesia`s eastern Maluku islands,
meteorologists said, but there was no tsunami warning or
reports of damage.
The quake occurred at 5:45 pm (1045 GMT) with an
epicentre 98 kilometres northeast of Southeast Maluku
district, the Indonesian Meteorological and Geophysics Agency
It struck at a relatively shallow depth of 14 kilometres.
"We haven`t received any reports of damage," agency
official Fauzi, who like many Indonesians uses only one name,
The US Geological Survey recorded the quake`s magnitude
Indonesia sits on the Pacific "Ring of Fire", where the
meeting of continental plates causes high volcanic and seismic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'