6.1-magnitude quake strikes eastern Indonesia
Jakarta: A 6.1-magnitude undersea earthquake
Wednesday struck off Indonesia`s eastern Maluku islands,
meteorologists said, but there was no tsunami warning or
reports of damage.
The quake occurred at 5:45 pm (1045 GMT) with an
epicentre 98 kilometres northeast of Southeast Maluku
district, the Indonesian Meteorological and Geophysics Agency
It struck at a relatively shallow depth of 14 kilometres.
"We haven`t received any reports of damage," agency
official Fauzi, who like many Indonesians uses only one name,
The US Geological Survey recorded the quake`s magnitude
Indonesia sits on the Pacific "Ring of Fire", where the
meeting of continental plates causes high volcanic and seismic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen