6.2 earthquake shakes Indonesia
Jakarta: A strong earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale struck the eastern Indonesian islands in Maluku province Friday, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, meteorologists said.
The quake took place at a depth of 112 kilometres and was located about 205 kilometres north-west of the remote Saumlaki district. It occurred at 5:39 p.m. Jakarta time (1039 GMT), the Indonesian Meteorology and Geophysics Agency said.
It was the latest in a series of earthquakes to rock Indonesia in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley