6.2-magnitude quake hits Indonesia`s Sulawesi
Jakarta: A 6.2-magnitude earthquake
hit the Indonesian island of Sulawesi Monday, the US Geological Survey said.
The quake hit at a shallow depth of nine km at 2307
GMT around 75 km southeast of the nearest main city of
Kendari, the USGS said.
Indonesia sits on the Pacific `Ring of Fire`, where
the meeting of continental plates causes high seismic
activity, and is frequently hit by earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?