62 rebels killed by troops in Syria
Damascus: The Syrian troops Tuesday killed 62 rebels in the countryside of the coastal city Latakia, northwest of the country, media reported.
Turkish, Qatari, Saudi and Libyan fighters were among 19 rebels killed in al-Koum village in Latakia countryside, Xinhua quoted the state-run SANA news agency as saying. The report added that army units also destroyed four cars equipped with heavy machine guns in the area.
In Latakia`s al-Kart and al-Mraij villages, the Syrian troops killed 23 rebels and wounded 43 others in two operations, SANA said, noting that nine other rebels were killed in the village of Ghamam and 11 killed in the village of al-Samra.
The Syrian troops have been fighting rebels for almost three years, and the international community is preparing for the holding of the Geneva II peace conference designed to seek a political solution to the country`s protracted crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency