62 rebels killed by troops in Syria
Damascus: The Syrian troops Tuesday killed 62 rebels in the countryside of the coastal city Latakia, northwest of the country, media reported.
Turkish, Qatari, Saudi and Libyan fighters were among 19 rebels killed in al-Koum village in Latakia countryside, Xinhua quoted the state-run SANA news agency as saying. The report added that army units also destroyed four cars equipped with heavy machine guns in the area.
In Latakia`s al-Kart and al-Mraij villages, the Syrian troops killed 23 rebels and wounded 43 others in two operations, SANA said, noting that nine other rebels were killed in the village of Ghamam and 11 killed in the village of al-Samra.
The Syrian troops have been fighting rebels for almost three years, and the international community is preparing for the holding of the Geneva II peace conference designed to seek a political solution to the country`s protracted crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab