62 rebels killed by troops in Syria
Damascus: The Syrian troops Tuesday killed 62 rebels in the countryside of the coastal city Latakia, northwest of the country, media reported.
Turkish, Qatari, Saudi and Libyan fighters were among 19 rebels killed in al-Koum village in Latakia countryside, Xinhua quoted the state-run SANA news agency as saying. The report added that army units also destroyed four cars equipped with heavy machine guns in the area.
In Latakia`s al-Kart and al-Mraij villages, the Syrian troops killed 23 rebels and wounded 43 others in two operations, SANA said, noting that nine other rebels were killed in the village of Ghamam and 11 killed in the village of al-Samra.
The Syrian troops have been fighting rebels for almost three years, and the international community is preparing for the holding of the Geneva II peace conference designed to seek a political solution to the country`s protracted crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued