62 rebels killed by troops in Syria
Damascus: The Syrian troops Tuesday killed 62 rebels in the countryside of the coastal city Latakia, northwest of the country, media reported.
Turkish, Qatari, Saudi and Libyan fighters were among 19 rebels killed in al-Koum village in Latakia countryside, Xinhua quoted the state-run SANA news agency as saying. The report added that army units also destroyed four cars equipped with heavy machine guns in the area.
In Latakia`s al-Kart and al-Mraij villages, the Syrian troops killed 23 rebels and wounded 43 others in two operations, SANA said, noting that nine other rebels were killed in the village of Ghamam and 11 killed in the village of al-Samra.
The Syrian troops have been fighting rebels for almost three years, and the international community is preparing for the holding of the Geneva II peace conference designed to seek a political solution to the country`s protracted crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'