63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed: Afghan govt
Kabul: The Afghan government says 63 drug smugglers and terrorists have been killed and 16 tons of drugs and drug-making chemicals destroyed in southern Afghanistan.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior said Sunday that 10 armed militants and smugglers, including some foreigners, were arrested in a two-day operation conducted by a counternarcotics unit assisted by coalition forces along Afghanistan`s southern border with Pakistan.
The ministry says 14 Afghan civilians, in the custody of the terrorists and smugglers, were freed during the operation that ended Sunday at Baramcha in southern Helmand province. Authorities say they also confiscated a cache of weapons, explosives and suicide vests and destroyed two drug laboratories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman