63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed: Afghan govt
Kabul: The Afghan government says 63 drug smugglers and terrorists have been killed and 16 tons of drugs and drug-making chemicals destroyed in southern Afghanistan.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior said Sunday that 10 armed militants and smugglers, including some foreigners, were arrested in a two-day operation conducted by a counternarcotics unit assisted by coalition forces along Afghanistan`s southern border with Pakistan.
The ministry says 14 Afghan civilians, in the custody of the terrorists and smugglers, were freed during the operation that ended Sunday at Baramcha in southern Helmand province. Authorities say they also confiscated a cache of weapons, explosives and suicide vests and destroyed two drug laboratories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch