63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed: Afghan govt
Kabul: The Afghan government says 63 drug smugglers and terrorists have been killed and 16 tons of drugs and drug-making chemicals destroyed in southern Afghanistan.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior said Sunday that 10 armed militants and smugglers, including some foreigners, were arrested in a two-day operation conducted by a counternarcotics unit assisted by coalition forces along Afghanistan`s southern border with Pakistan.
The ministry says 14 Afghan civilians, in the custody of the terrorists and smugglers, were freed during the operation that ended Sunday at Baramcha in southern Helmand province. Authorities say they also confiscated a cache of weapons, explosives and suicide vests and destroyed two drug laboratories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US