63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed: Afghan govt
Kabul: The Afghan government says 63 drug smugglers and terrorists have been killed and 16 tons of drugs and drug-making chemicals destroyed in southern Afghanistan.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior said Sunday that 10 armed militants and smugglers, including some foreigners, were arrested in a two-day operation conducted by a counternarcotics unit assisted by coalition forces along Afghanistan`s southern border with Pakistan.
The ministry says 14 Afghan civilians, in the custody of the terrorists and smugglers, were freed during the operation that ended Sunday at Baramcha in southern Helmand province. Authorities say they also confiscated a cache of weapons, explosives and suicide vests and destroyed two drug laboratories.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind