63 drug smugglers, terrorists killed: Afghan govt
Kabul: The Afghan government says 63 drug smugglers and terrorists have been killed and 16 tons of drugs and drug-making chemicals destroyed in southern Afghanistan.
The Afghan Ministry of Interior said Sunday that 10 armed militants and smugglers, including some foreigners, were arrested in a two-day operation conducted by a counternarcotics unit assisted by coalition forces along Afghanistan`s southern border with Pakistan.
The ministry says 14 Afghan civilians, in the custody of the terrorists and smugglers, were freed during the operation that ended Sunday at Baramcha in southern Helmand province. Authorities say they also confiscated a cache of weapons, explosives and suicide vests and destroyed two drug laboratories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands