6.3 earthquake in northern Peru
Lima: A shallow 6.3 magnitude earthquake has rattled northern Peru near the coastal city of Piura with no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
Nelson Penachin of Peru`s civil defense agency said it has no reports so far of damage from the quake that struck at 6:51 pm local time yesterday. The US Geological Service said its epicentre was six miles (10 kilometres) underground.
magnitude temblor centred near the city of Pisco struck at 3:59 am with no damage reported. The city suffered a devastating 2007 quake of 8.0 magnitude that claimed more than 500 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley