63 trafficked kids rescued in China
Beijing: A total of 63 children and 14 women have been rescued in China during a cross-provincial anti-human trafficking drive, the government said.
According to the Ministry of Public Security (MPS), five child trafficking gangs were busted and 368 suspects arrested in the actions coordinated by the MPS. It involved over 6,000 police personnel from 20 provincial-level regions, Xinhua reported Saturday.
The police were hunting down more suspects and investigation was under way, it added.
Child trafficking is still rampant in China although the crime has been effectively contained in general, said a public security official seeking anoymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security