63 trafficked kids rescued in China
Beijing: A total of 63 children and 14 women have been rescued in China during a cross-provincial anti-human trafficking drive, the government said.
According to the Ministry of Public Security (MPS), five child trafficking gangs were busted and 368 suspects arrested in the actions coordinated by the MPS. It involved over 6,000 police personnel from 20 provincial-level regions, Xinhua reported Saturday.
The police were hunting down more suspects and investigation was under way, it added.
Child trafficking is still rampant in China although the crime has been effectively contained in general, said a public security official seeking anoymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh