63 trafficked kids rescued in China
Beijing: A total of 63 children and 14 women have been rescued in China during a cross-provincial anti-human trafficking drive, the government said.
According to the Ministry of Public Security (MPS), five child trafficking gangs were busted and 368 suspects arrested in the actions coordinated by the MPS. It involved over 6,000 police personnel from 20 provincial-level regions, Xinhua reported Saturday.
The police were hunting down more suspects and investigation was under way, it added.
Child trafficking is still rampant in China although the crime has been effectively contained in general, said a public security official seeking anoymity.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept