63 trafficked kids rescued in China
Beijing: A total of 63 children and 14 women have been rescued in China during a cross-provincial anti-human trafficking drive, the government said.
According to the Ministry of Public Security (MPS), five child trafficking gangs were busted and 368 suspects arrested in the actions coordinated by the MPS. It involved over 6,000 police personnel from 20 provincial-level regions, Xinhua reported Saturday.
The police were hunting down more suspects and investigation was under way, it added.
Child trafficking is still rampant in China although the crime has been effectively contained in general, said a public security official seeking anoymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas