6.4 magnitude quake jolts Japan`s Hokkaido
Tokyo: A 6.4-magnitude earthquake jolted Japan`s Hokkaido late Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
The quake occurred at around 11.17 pm local time and no tsunami warnings were issued by the agency. As of now, there were no reports of any damage and casualty.
The epicenter was initially determined at 42.7 degrees north latitude and 143.3 degrees east longitude with a depth of about 120 km.
The quake was marked 5 upper at JMA Seismic Intensity in several places in Hokkaido, while Tokyo also felt tremors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok