6.4 magnitude quake jolts Japan`s Hokkaido
Tokyo: A 6.4-magnitude earthquake jolted Japan`s Hokkaido late Saturday, reported Xinhua citing the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
The quake occurred at around 11.17 pm local time and no tsunami warnings were issued by the agency. As of now, there were no reports of any damage and casualty.
The epicenter was initially determined at 42.7 degrees north latitude and 143.3 degrees east longitude with a depth of about 120 km.
The quake was marked 5 upper at JMA Seismic Intensity in several places in Hokkaido, while Tokyo also felt tremors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'