66 bodies retrieved in Tibet landslide
Beijing: Rescuers dug out 66 bodies of the 83 workers buried in a huge landslide at a gold mine in Tibet as China on Wednesday released the names of the victims of which only two were local Tibetans.
Rescuers had pulled 66 bodies out of the debris so far, five-and-a-half days after the landslide swept through workers` camps of the Jiama Copper Polymetallic Mine, official media reported.
The government also released the names, genders and registered permanent addresses of all 83 victims of the landslide.
According to a rescue headquarters statement, 27 of the 83 mine workers who have been confirmed dead or are still buried under rocks and mud were natives of northeastern China`s Jilin province and 26 were from the northwestern Shaanxi province.
Thirteen were from southwestern Guizhou province, six were from the neighbouring province of Sichuan, and three were from northeastern China`s Liaoning Province.
Two were from a village in Gyangze county of Tibet and two came from the municipality of Chongqing and the remaining four were from provinces of Hebei, Henan, Shandong and Heilongjiang in the mainland.
Of the 83, four were women. The mine is run by Tibet Huatailong Mining Development Co Ltd, a subsidiary of the country`s largest gold producer, China National Gold Group Corporation.
Overseas Tibetan groups have accused the company of aggressively carrying out the mining disregarding the environmental dangers. They also accused the government of employing more workers from mainland and few from Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'