66 bodies retrieved in Tibet landslide
Beijing: Rescuers dug out 66 bodies of the 83 workers buried in a huge landslide at a gold mine in Tibet as China on Wednesday released the names of the victims of which only two were local Tibetans.
Rescuers had pulled 66 bodies out of the debris so far, five-and-a-half days after the landslide swept through workers` camps of the Jiama Copper Polymetallic Mine, official media reported.
The government also released the names, genders and registered permanent addresses of all 83 victims of the landslide.
According to a rescue headquarters statement, 27 of the 83 mine workers who have been confirmed dead or are still buried under rocks and mud were natives of northeastern China`s Jilin province and 26 were from the northwestern Shaanxi province.
Thirteen were from southwestern Guizhou province, six were from the neighbouring province of Sichuan, and three were from northeastern China`s Liaoning Province.
Two were from a village in Gyangze county of Tibet and two came from the municipality of Chongqing and the remaining four were from provinces of Hebei, Henan, Shandong and Heilongjiang in the mainland.
Of the 83, four were women. The mine is run by Tibet Huatailong Mining Development Co Ltd, a subsidiary of the country`s largest gold producer, China National Gold Group Corporation.
Overseas Tibetan groups have accused the company of aggressively carrying out the mining disregarding the environmental dangers. They also accused the government of employing more workers from mainland and few from Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video
- BIZARRE! Panchayat slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Haryana school after Eid celebration
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains