6.6 quake hits off east coast of Russia: USGS
Washington: A 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of far eastern Russia on Tuesday, the US Geological Survey reported.
It said the quake hit about 170 kilometres off the Kamchatka Peninsula, at a depth of 47 kilometres.
No tsunami was expected along the US west coast, the US Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said.
But local tsunamis along coasts within 100 km of the epicentre are possible.
The quake hit at 1030 IST, the USGS said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing