6.6 quake hits off east coast of Russia: USGS
Washington: A 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of far eastern Russia on Tuesday, the US Geological Survey reported.
It said the quake hit about 170 kilometres off the Kamchatka Peninsula, at a depth of 47 kilometres.
No tsunami was expected along the US west coast, the US Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said.
But local tsunamis along coasts within 100 km of the epicentre are possible.
The quake hit at 1030 IST, the USGS said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days