6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Papua New Guinea: USGS
Papua New Guinea: A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea in the early hours Monday, according to the US Geological Survey, after a 7.2 quake struck off the country`s northeast coast just hours before.
The 6.8 quake occurred near the town of Kandrian, on the island of New Britain, at 6:30 am (0200 IST).
It hit 30 kilometres northeast of the town, at a depth of 62 kilometres.
Two hours before, a 7.2 magnitude quake struck off the coast of the island of New Ireland.
No tsunami warning was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves