6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Papua New Guinea: USGS
Papua New Guinea: A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea in the early hours Monday, according to the US Geological Survey, after a 7.2 quake struck off the country`s northeast coast just hours before.
The 6.8 quake occurred near the town of Kandrian, on the island of New Britain, at 6:30 am (0200 IST).
It hit 30 kilometres northeast of the town, at a depth of 62 kilometres.
Two hours before, a 7.2 magnitude quake struck off the coast of the island of New Ireland.
No tsunami warning was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand