6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Papua New Guinea: USGS
Papua New Guinea: A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea in the early hours Monday, according to the US Geological Survey, after a 7.2 quake struck off the country`s northeast coast just hours before.
The 6.8 quake occurred near the town of Kandrian, on the island of New Britain, at 6:30 am (0200 IST).
It hit 30 kilometres northeast of the town, at a depth of 62 kilometres.
Two hours before, a 7.2 magnitude quake struck off the coast of the island of New Ireland.
No tsunami warning was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman