6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Papua New Guinea: USGS
Papua New Guinea: A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea in the early hours Monday, according to the US Geological Survey, after a 7.2 quake struck off the country`s northeast coast just hours before.
The 6.8 quake occurred near the town of Kandrian, on the island of New Britain, at 6:30 am (0200 IST).
It hit 30 kilometres northeast of the town, at a depth of 62 kilometres.
Two hours before, a 7.2 magnitude quake struck off the coast of the island of New Ireland.
No tsunami warning was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani