68 Occupy protesters arrested in NYC
New York: Authorities say dozens of Occupy
Wall Street protesters were arrested as they tore down the barricades surrounding New York City`s Zuccotti Park just before midnight on New Year`s Eve.
Police say 68 people were arrested during the scuffle. At least one person was accused of assaulting a police officer, who suffered cuts on one hand. Other charges include trespassing, disorderly conduct and reckless endangerment.
Protester Jason Amadi says he was pepper-sprayed when police tried to prevent the crowd of about 500 demonstrators
from taking down the barricades. Amadi says the crowd piled the barricade pieces in the center of the park and stood on top of them, chanting and singing.
Police are still processing arrests but say some protesters have been released. No other details were available
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump