68 Occupy protesters arrested in NYC
New York: Authorities say dozens of Occupy
Wall Street protesters were arrested as they tore down the barricades surrounding New York City`s Zuccotti Park just before midnight on New Year`s Eve.
Police say 68 people were arrested during the scuffle. At least one person was accused of assaulting a police officer, who suffered cuts on one hand. Other charges include trespassing, disorderly conduct and reckless endangerment.
Protester Jason Amadi says he was pepper-sprayed when police tried to prevent the crowd of about 500 demonstrators
from taking down the barricades. Amadi says the crowd piled the barricade pieces in the center of the park and stood on top of them, chanting and singing.
Police are still processing arrests but say some protesters have been released. No other details were available
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China