7 bodies found in car abandoned in central Mexico
Cuernavaca: Police found the
bodies of six men and one woman inside a car abandoned in an exclusive gated community near the picturesque central Mexican city of Cuernavaca.
Morelos state police said officers found three bodies
inside the car and four more in the trunk in the town of
Temixco near Cuernavaca. Police gave no other details.
Violence spiked in Morelos state since the December
2009 death of drug kingpin Arturo Beltran Leyva as splintered
groups began fighting for control.
In northern Mexico, the army killed four alleged
gunmen in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. The army said in a statement that assailants travelling in two cars opened fire on troops on patrol yesterday.
It said the gunmen died when troops return fired. A shootout between rival gangs in the northern city of
Monterrey killed two men, including a hot dog vendor caught in
the cross fire, state police said. Three others were injured,
including a 2-year-old and the child`s father.
In western Michoacan state, the bodies of two men were
found with messages from a new drug gang that has been taking
responsibility for recent killings in the region and claims to
be a replacement for the weakened La Familia cartel.
The bodies were left on a road in the city of Apatzingan, their heads wrapped in tape and their feet and
hands bound, the state prosecutors` office said. The message
read: "The Knights Templar will not permit assassins to kill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says