7 bodies found in car abandoned in central Mexico
Cuernavaca: Police found the
bodies of six men and one woman inside a car abandoned in an exclusive gated community near the picturesque central Mexican city of Cuernavaca.
Morelos state police said officers found three bodies
inside the car and four more in the trunk in the town of
Temixco near Cuernavaca. Police gave no other details.
Violence spiked in Morelos state since the December
2009 death of drug kingpin Arturo Beltran Leyva as splintered
groups began fighting for control.
In northern Mexico, the army killed four alleged
gunmen in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. The army said in a statement that assailants travelling in two cars opened fire on troops on patrol yesterday.
It said the gunmen died when troops return fired. A shootout between rival gangs in the northern city of
Monterrey killed two men, including a hot dog vendor caught in
the cross fire, state police said. Three others were injured,
including a 2-year-old and the child`s father.
In western Michoacan state, the bodies of two men were
found with messages from a new drug gang that has been taking
responsibility for recent killings in the region and claims to
be a replacement for the weakened La Familia cartel.
The bodies were left on a road in the city of Apatzingan, their heads wrapped in tape and their feet and
hands bound, the state prosecutors` office said. The message
read: "The Knights Templar will not permit assassins to kill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts