7 bodies found in car abandoned in central Mexico
Cuernavaca: Police found the
bodies of six men and one woman inside a car abandoned in an exclusive gated community near the picturesque central Mexican city of Cuernavaca.
Morelos state police said officers found three bodies
inside the car and four more in the trunk in the town of
Temixco near Cuernavaca. Police gave no other details.
Violence spiked in Morelos state since the December
2009 death of drug kingpin Arturo Beltran Leyva as splintered
groups began fighting for control.
In northern Mexico, the army killed four alleged
gunmen in the border city of Nuevo Laredo. The army said in a statement that assailants travelling in two cars opened fire on troops on patrol yesterday.
It said the gunmen died when troops return fired. A shootout between rival gangs in the northern city of
Monterrey killed two men, including a hot dog vendor caught in
the cross fire, state police said. Three others were injured,
including a 2-year-old and the child`s father.
In western Michoacan state, the bodies of two men were
found with messages from a new drug gang that has been taking
responsibility for recent killings in the region and claims to
be a replacement for the weakened La Familia cartel.
The bodies were left on a road in the city of Apatzingan, their heads wrapped in tape and their feet and
hands bound, the state prosecutors` office said. The message
read: "The Knights Templar will not permit assassins to kill
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand