7 dead as police, religious party workers clash in Lahore: Officials
Lahore: At least seven people were killed on Tuesday when Pakistani police clashed with followers of a fiery preacher in the eastern city of Lahore, hospital officials said.
The clashes involved supporters of Tahir-ul-Qadri who held a major anti-corruption march last year prior to the May 2013 election that saw the country`s first democratic handover of power.
"We received seven dead bodies including two women. All of them had bullet wounds," said Dr. Abdul Rauf, Medical Superintendent at the city`s Jinnah Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31