7 die in fire at foreign workers housing in France
Paris: A fire in a building housing
immigrant workers killed seven people, including two who
jumped from the windows to escape, French officials said.
Some 100 people were injured in the incident.
The office of Immigration and Integration Minister
Eric Besson said most of the victims were killed by toxic
fumes after the fire started at about 2 am today in a garbage
area beside the building in the eastern city of Dijon and
spread to an outside wall.
The statement said the building housed single foreign
workers and families, mostly from sub-Saharan Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?