7 die in fire at foreign workers housing in France
Paris: A fire in a building housing
immigrant workers killed seven people, including two who
jumped from the windows to escape, French officials said.
Some 100 people were injured in the incident.
The office of Immigration and Integration Minister
Eric Besson said most of the victims were killed by toxic
fumes after the fire started at about 2 am today in a garbage
area beside the building in the eastern city of Dijon and
spread to an outside wall.
The statement said the building housed single foreign
workers and families, mostly from sub-Saharan Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption