7 die in fire at foreign workers housing in France
Paris: A fire in a building housing
immigrant workers killed seven people, including two who
jumped from the windows to escape, French officials said.
Some 100 people were injured in the incident.
The office of Immigration and Integration Minister
Eric Besson said most of the victims were killed by toxic
fumes after the fire started at about 2 am today in a garbage
area beside the building in the eastern city of Dijon and
spread to an outside wall.
The statement said the building housed single foreign
workers and families, mostly from sub-Saharan Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley