7 die in fire at foreign workers housing in France
Paris: A fire in a building housing
immigrant workers killed seven people, including two who
jumped from the windows to escape, French officials said.
Some 100 people were injured in the incident.
The office of Immigration and Integration Minister
Eric Besson said most of the victims were killed by toxic
fumes after the fire started at about 2 am today in a garbage
area beside the building in the eastern city of Dijon and
spread to an outside wall.
The statement said the building housed single foreign
workers and families, mostly from sub-Saharan Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief