7 killed, 2 injured in US truck-van collision
Washington: Seven people were killed and two others injured when a tractor-trailer truck collided head-on with a minivan in the US on Monday.
Seven people travelling in the minivan were killed on the spot while the two people in the truck -- the driver and his wife -- were injured in the crash near Phoenix in Arizona, said a spokesperson with the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The injured were sent by helicopter to a hospital in Phoenix.
The spouse has a broken back, and she and her husband are both in serious condition, CNN quoted the spokesman as saying.
The truck had been heading west on Interstate 10, the fourth-longest highway in the US, when it went across the highway and struck the van driving east.
Both vehicles went off the right side of the highway after the collision and caught on fire, the spokesperson added.
Autopsies are scheduled for Wednesday for the seven victims, believed to be family members. Seven killed, two injured in US truck-van collision
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan