7 killed in attacks targeting Iraq security forces
Baghdad: Attacks targeting Iraqi security forces Tuesday killed seven people, including six soldiers, authorities said.
Security forces are a top target for insurgents seeking to destabilize Iraq and undermine its government.
Police officials said the first attack took place in the early morning in the city of Fallujah, where a bomb blast aimed at the house of a police major killed a neighbor and wounded seven people, including four of the officer`s relatives.
Fallujah is 65 kilometres west of Baghdad.
In a second attack, police said gunmen shot and killed an army officer and a soldier at a security checkpoint in northern Baghdad.
Hours later, four soldiers were killed when their military convoy was ambushed by gunmen in Nibaie area just north of Baghdad, police said.
Hospital officials confirmed the casualties.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love