7 people injured in Indianapolis shooting
Indianapolis: Police say seven people have been shot and injured in Indianapolis in the central United States.
Police said multiple gunshots were heard early today in the city`s Broad Ripple neighborhood. One man is in critical condition at a local hospital, and five other men and a woman were shot but did not have life-threatening injuries.
There were no arrests immediately and the motive for the shooting was unknown.
Police spokesman Lt Christopher Bailey says there were many people on the street at the time. He added, "someone opens fire in a crowd like that, we`re lucky more weren`t hurt."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!