7 people injured in Indianapolis shooting
Indianapolis: Police say seven people have been shot and injured in Indianapolis in the central United States.
Police said multiple gunshots were heard early today in the city`s Broad Ripple neighborhood. One man is in critical condition at a local hospital, and five other men and a woman were shot but did not have life-threatening injuries.
There were no arrests immediately and the motive for the shooting was unknown.
Police spokesman Lt Christopher Bailey says there were many people on the street at the time. He added, "someone opens fire in a crowd like that, we`re lucky more weren`t hurt."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside