73 Chinese school students hospitalised due to food poisoning
Beijing: Seventy-three high school students were hospitalised today due to possible food poisoning in central China`s Hunan Province.
All the 73 affected students from Xingzhi Middle School in the city of Lianyuan had been sent to a local hospital after they had showed symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea.
As of this evening, one of them was still being treated and four were under medical observation in hospital.
The remaining affected students have been discharged from hospital and returned to school after receiving intravenous infusion therapy, according to the Lianyuan municipal government, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Initial investigation by the municipal food and drug administration showed that spoiled rice noodles provided by the school cafeteria were to blame for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read