73 Chinese school students hospitalised due to food poisoning
Beijing: Seventy-three high school students were hospitalised today due to possible food poisoning in central China`s Hunan Province.
All the 73 affected students from Xingzhi Middle School in the city of Lianyuan had been sent to a local hospital after they had showed symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea.
As of this evening, one of them was still being treated and four were under medical observation in hospital.
The remaining affected students have been discharged from hospital and returned to school after receiving intravenous infusion therapy, according to the Lianyuan municipal government, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Initial investigation by the municipal food and drug administration showed that spoiled rice noodles provided by the school cafeteria were to blame for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video