73 Chinese school students hospitalised due to food poisoning
Beijing: Seventy-three high school students were hospitalised today due to possible food poisoning in central China`s Hunan Province.
All the 73 affected students from Xingzhi Middle School in the city of Lianyuan had been sent to a local hospital after they had showed symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea.
As of this evening, one of them was still being treated and four were under medical observation in hospital.
The remaining affected students have been discharged from hospital and returned to school after receiving intravenous infusion therapy, according to the Lianyuan municipal government, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Initial investigation by the municipal food and drug administration showed that spoiled rice noodles provided by the school cafeteria were to blame for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'