7.3 magnitude earthquake hits Japan, tsunami warning lifted
Zee Media Bureau
Tokyo: The tsunami warning was lifted on Saturday after a 7.3 magnitude earthquake hit Japan`s east coast early today. The small tsunami, triggered by the earthquake, did not cause any damage.
After tsunamis of upto 40 centimetres were reported, images of calm sea waters were later shown by the state television.
The earthquake reportedly took place at 2:10 Tokyo time about 290 kilometers off Fukushima. The tremors were also felt 300 miles away in Tokyo.
Officials of the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant said that no damage has been caused in the wake of the earthquake.
An earthquake and tsunami struck the area in 2011 triggering massive radiation leak at the Fukushima plant and killing thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview