7.3-magnitude quake off Antarctica, no injuries
Buenos Aires: A powerful 7.3-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Antarctica generating large waves but causing no injuries.
"At 1103 local time yesterday, the seismological station registered an earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale in the area near the base, with an epicenter 10 kilometers deep," Argentina`s Antarctic management said in a statement.
The earthquake did not cause any damage to the base or cause any injuries to the staff, it said, adding there were no reports of damage or injuries at other bases on the Antarctic peninsula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?