73 people arrested for recent Ivory Coast attacks
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): Ivory Coast`s military prosecutor says that 73 people, including 19 soldiers, have been detained in connection with a recent spate of attacks on military positions in the West African nation.
Gunmen have carried out seven attacks against the military so far this month, killing at least 12 soldiers and one civilian. Officials blamed the attacks on loyalists of ex-President Laurent Gbagbo, whose refusal to leave office after losing the 2010 election dragged the country into near-civil war.
Prosecutor Ange B. Kessi Kouame said today that 149 people had been detained in response to the attacks, though 76 were released after the investigation. He said the 19 soldiers faced charges including murder, violating state security and disturbing public order, and that their trial would start on September 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok