75 trapped skiers rescued from cableway in Russia
Moscow: Some 75 people were evacuated from cable cars after a tree fell on a line at an alpine ski resort in Russia`s Sochi city.
The incident occurred on a gondola line at the 2014 Winter Olympics resort of Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort. No one was injured in the incident, according to rescuers.
A total of 84 people participated in the rescue effort, lasting for two hours, a spokesperson said.
Rosa Khutor is to hold several Olympic test events in the coming weeks including stages of the International Skiing Federation Alpire skiing , or FIS Alpine skiing, snowboard and freestyle skiing World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video