75 trapped skiers rescued from cableway in Russia
Moscow: Some 75 people were evacuated from cable cars after a tree fell on a line at an alpine ski resort in Russia`s Sochi city.
The incident occurred on a gondola line at the 2014 Winter Olympics resort of Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort. No one was injured in the incident, according to rescuers.
A total of 84 people participated in the rescue effort, lasting for two hours, a spokesperson said.
Rosa Khutor is to hold several Olympic test events in the coming weeks including stages of the International Skiing Federation Alpire skiing , or FIS Alpine skiing, snowboard and freestyle skiing World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know