75 trapped skiers rescued from cableway in Russia
Moscow: Some 75 people were evacuated from cable cars after a tree fell on a line at an alpine ski resort in Russia`s Sochi city.
The incident occurred on a gondola line at the 2014 Winter Olympics resort of Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort. No one was injured in the incident, according to rescuers.
A total of 84 people participated in the rescue effort, lasting for two hours, a spokesperson said.
Rosa Khutor is to hold several Olympic test events in the coming weeks including stages of the International Skiing Federation Alpire skiing , or FIS Alpine skiing, snowboard and freestyle skiing World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray