75 trapped skiers rescued from cableway in Russia
Moscow: Some 75 people were evacuated from cable cars after a tree fell on a line at an alpine ski resort in Russia`s Sochi city.
The incident occurred on a gondola line at the 2014 Winter Olympics resort of Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort. No one was injured in the incident, according to rescuers.
A total of 84 people participated in the rescue effort, lasting for two hours, a spokesperson said.
Rosa Khutor is to hold several Olympic test events in the coming weeks including stages of the International Skiing Federation Alpire skiing , or FIS Alpine skiing, snowboard and freestyle skiing World Cups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional