75-vehicle pileup on Virginia highway kills three
Galax (US): Virginia State Police say three people have been killed and more than 20 are injured following a 75-vehicle pileup on an interstate highway near the Virginia-North Carolina border.
The Virginia Department of Transportation says traffic is backed up about 8 miles (13 kilometres).
State police say a series of wrecks began around 1:15 pm yesterday in the southbound lanes in the area of Fancy Gap Mountain in southwest Virginia. There was heavy fog at the time.
The interstate is closed in both directions. Northbound lanes are closed so emergency vehicles can get to the southbound lanes.
Motorists are being advised to seek alternate routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea