757 civilians killed in Syria: Rights groups
Beirut: A Syrian human rights group says 757 civilians have been killed in Syria since an uprising against President Bashar Assad`s regime began in mid-March.
Ammar Qurabi, who heads the National Organization for Human Rights in Syria, says the group has lists of names, age, cause of death and the area where those people were killed.
Qurabi added that thousands of people have been detained in the past two months, including about 9,000 still in custody.
He spoke to a news agency on Tuesday as Syrian forces conducted operations in several hot spots throughout the country.
Assad has dispatched troops and tanks to many areas to crush the seven-week uprising that poses the most serious challenge to his family`s 40-year rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune