757 civilians killed in Syria: Rights groups
Beirut: A Syrian human rights group says 757 civilians have been killed in Syria since an uprising against President Bashar Assad`s regime began in mid-March.
Ammar Qurabi, who heads the National Organization for Human Rights in Syria, says the group has lists of names, age, cause of death and the area where those people were killed.
Qurabi added that thousands of people have been detained in the past two months, including about 9,000 still in custody.
He spoke to a news agency on Tuesday as Syrian forces conducted operations in several hot spots throughout the country.
Assad has dispatched troops and tanks to many areas to crush the seven-week uprising that poses the most serious challenge to his family`s 40-year rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17