77 new polio cases found in Nigeria
Abuja: At least 77 new cases of poliomyelitis have been detected in 10 states in Nigeria, Xinhua reported.
Ado Mohammed, executive director of the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency (NPHCDA), said this Saturday at a polio sensitisation meeting in northern Sokoto state.
Cases of the wild polio virus were prevalent in 209 wards in 30 local government areas across the country, Mohammed said.
He said President Goodluck Jonathan was fully committed to the total eradication of the disease from the country by the end of this year.
"Only Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan are currently harbouring the disease globally and this is a source of concern for all the stakeholders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what