77,000 students affected in China quake
Beijing: More than 360 schools and 77,000 students have been affected by the earthquake in China`s Gansu province, said the education ministry Wednesday.
A total of 16,100 students will not be able to return to school as their classrooms and dormitories were damaged in the 6.6-magnitude quake, which jolted Minxian and Zhangxian counties in the city of Dingxi Monday, leaving at least 95 dead and 1,001 injured.
According to a ministry notice, more than 295,400 square meters of school buildings have been affected, with 2,763 square meters having collapsed and 116,100 square meters severely damaged, reported Xinhua.
Teachers who are on vacation have been asked to return to help with the rescue work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory