78 trapped in cable cars rescued in China
Beijing: All the 78 tourists, who were trapped in cable cars suspended in mid-air at a mountain resort in China`s Guangxi Zhang region, were rescued Saturday evening, Xinhua reported.
According to rescuers with Guilin tourism bureau, there were no casualties in the rescue operation carried out by over 200 people.
Earlier reports said, around 60 tourists were trapped in cable cars in the morning.
Rescuers told Xinhua that the fire brigade received the information at around 11.00 a.m. about 60 tourists, including some foreigners, getting trapped in the Yaoshan mountain scenic spot in Guilin city.
The accident was probably caused by power failure, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred