78 trapped in cable cars rescued in China
Beijing: All the 78 tourists, who were trapped in cable cars suspended in mid-air at a mountain resort in China`s Guangxi Zhang region, were rescued Saturday evening, Xinhua reported.
According to rescuers with Guilin tourism bureau, there were no casualties in the rescue operation carried out by over 200 people.
Earlier reports said, around 60 tourists were trapped in cable cars in the morning.
Rescuers told Xinhua that the fire brigade received the information at around 11.00 a.m. about 60 tourists, including some foreigners, getting trapped in the Yaoshan mountain scenic spot in Guilin city.
The accident was probably caused by power failure, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates