78 trapped in cable cars rescued in China
Beijing: All the 78 tourists, who were trapped in cable cars suspended in mid-air at a mountain resort in China`s Guangxi Zhang region, were rescued Saturday evening, Xinhua reported.
According to rescuers with Guilin tourism bureau, there were no casualties in the rescue operation carried out by over 200 people.
Earlier reports said, around 60 tourists were trapped in cable cars in the morning.
Rescuers told Xinhua that the fire brigade received the information at around 11.00 a.m. about 60 tourists, including some foreigners, getting trapped in the Yaoshan mountain scenic spot in Guilin city.
The accident was probably caused by power failure, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal