78 trapped in cable cars rescued in China
Beijing: All the 78 tourists, who were trapped in cable cars suspended in mid-air at a mountain resort in China`s Guangxi Zhang region, were rescued Saturday evening, Xinhua reported.
According to rescuers with Guilin tourism bureau, there were no casualties in the rescue operation carried out by over 200 people.
Earlier reports said, around 60 tourists were trapped in cable cars in the morning.
Rescuers told Xinhua that the fire brigade received the information at around 11.00 a.m. about 60 tourists, including some foreigners, getting trapped in the Yaoshan mountain scenic spot in Guilin city.
The accident was probably caused by power failure, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?