78-year-old man rescued five days after China quake
Beijing: A 78-year-old man has been miraculously rescued in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, five days after a powerful earthquake hit the area.
The man is the first survivor saved after the "golden rescue time," or the immediate 72 hours after the magnitude-7 quake rocked China on April 20.
He was found on a hill top at Muping Township of Baoxing County by a Beijing-based rescue team yesterday and was sent to Baoxing People`s Hospital by helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The man suffered a rib fracture but is in stable condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'