78-year-old man rescued five days after China quake
Beijing: A 78-year-old man has been miraculously rescued in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, five days after a powerful earthquake hit the area.
The man is the first survivor saved after the "golden rescue time," or the immediate 72 hours after the magnitude-7 quake rocked China on April 20.
He was found on a hill top at Muping Township of Baoxing County by a Beijing-based rescue team yesterday and was sent to Baoxing People`s Hospital by helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The man suffered a rib fracture but is in stable condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley