78-year-old man rescued five days after China quake
Beijing: A 78-year-old man has been miraculously rescued in southwest China`s Sichuan Province, five days after a powerful earthquake hit the area.
The man is the first survivor saved after the "golden rescue time," or the immediate 72 hours after the magnitude-7 quake rocked China on April 20.
He was found on a hill top at Muping Township of Baoxing County by a Beijing-based rescue team yesterday and was sent to Baoxing People`s Hospital by helicopter, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The man suffered a rib fracture but is in stable condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery