8 Bangladeshis executed for killing guard during robbery
Dubai: Eight Bangladeshi nationals have been
beheaded in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, for their role in an
armed robbery in which an Egyptian security guard was killed.
The men were convicted of robbing a warehouse and killing
the security guard, Hussein Saeed Mohammed Abdulkhaleq, an
Egyptian national, an Interior Ministry statement said on the
execution that took place on Friday.
The executed Bangladeshi nationals were identified as
Mamoun Abdulmenan, Farouk Jamal, Suman Meah, Mohammed Suman,
Shafiq Al-Islam, Masoud Shamsulhaq, Abu Hussein Ahmed and
Three other men were sentenced to prison terms of varying
lengths, the Saudi Press Agency quoted the statement as
Around one third of Saudi Arabia`s population of over 27
million are estimated to be foreigners, mainly Asians.
Crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death in the Kingdom
governed by the Shariah law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport