8 Bangladeshis executed for killing guard during robbery
Dubai: Eight Bangladeshi nationals have been
beheaded in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, for their role in an
armed robbery in which an Egyptian security guard was killed.
The men were convicted of robbing a warehouse and killing
the security guard, Hussein Saeed Mohammed Abdulkhaleq, an
Egyptian national, an Interior Ministry statement said on the
execution that took place on Friday.
The executed Bangladeshi nationals were identified as
Mamoun Abdulmenan, Farouk Jamal, Suman Meah, Mohammed Suman,
Shafiq Al-Islam, Masoud Shamsulhaq, Abu Hussein Ahmed and
Three other men were sentenced to prison terms of varying
lengths, the Saudi Press Agency quoted the statement as
Around one third of Saudi Arabia`s population of over 27
million are estimated to be foreigners, mainly Asians.
Crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death in the Kingdom
governed by the Shariah law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town