8 Bangladeshis executed for killing guard during robbery
Dubai: Eight Bangladeshi nationals have been
beheaded in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, for their role in an
armed robbery in which an Egyptian security guard was killed.
The men were convicted of robbing a warehouse and killing
the security guard, Hussein Saeed Mohammed Abdulkhaleq, an
Egyptian national, an Interior Ministry statement said on the
execution that took place on Friday.
The executed Bangladeshi nationals were identified as
Mamoun Abdulmenan, Farouk Jamal, Suman Meah, Mohammed Suman,
Shafiq Al-Islam, Masoud Shamsulhaq, Abu Hussein Ahmed and
Three other men were sentenced to prison terms of varying
lengths, the Saudi Press Agency quoted the statement as
Around one third of Saudi Arabia`s population of over 27
million are estimated to be foreigners, mainly Asians.
Crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death in the Kingdom
governed by the Shariah law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir