8 Bangladeshis executed for killing guard during robbery
Dubai: Eight Bangladeshi nationals have been
beheaded in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, for their role in an
armed robbery in which an Egyptian security guard was killed.
The men were convicted of robbing a warehouse and killing
the security guard, Hussein Saeed Mohammed Abdulkhaleq, an
Egyptian national, an Interior Ministry statement said on the
execution that took place on Friday.
The executed Bangladeshi nationals were identified as
Mamoun Abdulmenan, Farouk Jamal, Suman Meah, Mohammed Suman,
Shafiq Al-Islam, Masoud Shamsulhaq, Abu Hussein Ahmed and
Three other men were sentenced to prison terms of varying
lengths, the Saudi Press Agency quoted the statement as
Around one third of Saudi Arabia`s population of over 27
million are estimated to be foreigners, mainly Asians.
Crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death in the Kingdom
governed by the Shariah law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India