8 Bangladeshis executed for killing guard during robbery
Dubai: Eight Bangladeshi nationals have been
beheaded in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, for their role in an
armed robbery in which an Egyptian security guard was killed.
The men were convicted of robbing a warehouse and killing
the security guard, Hussein Saeed Mohammed Abdulkhaleq, an
Egyptian national, an Interior Ministry statement said on the
execution that took place on Friday.
The executed Bangladeshi nationals were identified as
Mamoun Abdulmenan, Farouk Jamal, Suman Meah, Mohammed Suman,
Shafiq Al-Islam, Masoud Shamsulhaq, Abu Hussein Ahmed and
Three other men were sentenced to prison terms of varying
lengths, the Saudi Press Agency quoted the statement as
Around one third of Saudi Arabia`s population of over 27
million are estimated to be foreigners, mainly Asians.
Crimes like rape, murder, armed robbery and drug
trafficking are all punishable by death in the Kingdom
governed by the Shariah law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh
- Volkswagen kicks off deliveries of its first Made in India car Ameo
- Kalam's death has left irreplaceable void: PM Narendra Modi
- Flood alert sounded in UP districts after rains in Nepal
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma