8 believed dead in Kazakhstan helicopter crash
Almaty: Emergency service officials in Kazakhstan say they have found the wreckage of a helicopter that went missing earlier this week with eight people onboard.
The Emergency Services Ministry said today that it believes all eight occupants were killed, but that only six bodies have so far been located.
It says only the tail of the helicopter remained intact. Dozens of search workers using helicopters, vehicles and boats had been scouring valleys and a lake near the Central Asian nation`s border with China since the helicopter disappeared Saturday.
Operations have been complicated by poor weather in the area.
The Russian-made Mi-8 helicopter was being leased to a Kazakh-Chinese oil pipeline construction company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez