8 believed dead in Kazakhstan helicopter crash
Almaty: Emergency service officials in Kazakhstan say they have found the wreckage of a helicopter that went missing earlier this week with eight people onboard.
The Emergency Services Ministry said today that it believes all eight occupants were killed, but that only six bodies have so far been located.
It says only the tail of the helicopter remained intact. Dozens of search workers using helicopters, vehicles and boats had been scouring valleys and a lake near the Central Asian nation`s border with China since the helicopter disappeared Saturday.
Operations have been complicated by poor weather in the area.
The Russian-made Mi-8 helicopter was being leased to a Kazakh-Chinese oil pipeline construction company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city