8 believed dead in Kazakhstan helicopter crash
Almaty: Emergency service officials in Kazakhstan say they have found the wreckage of a helicopter that went missing earlier this week with eight people onboard.
The Emergency Services Ministry said today that it believes all eight occupants were killed, but that only six bodies have so far been located.
It says only the tail of the helicopter remained intact. Dozens of search workers using helicopters, vehicles and boats had been scouring valleys and a lake near the Central Asian nation`s border with China since the helicopter disappeared Saturday.
Operations have been complicated by poor weather in the area.
The Russian-made Mi-8 helicopter was being leased to a Kazakh-Chinese oil pipeline construction company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees