8 believed dead in Kazakhstan helicopter crash
Almaty: Emergency service officials in Kazakhstan say they have found the wreckage of a helicopter that went missing earlier this week with eight people onboard.
The Emergency Services Ministry said today that it believes all eight occupants were killed, but that only six bodies have so far been located.
It says only the tail of the helicopter remained intact. Dozens of search workers using helicopters, vehicles and boats had been scouring valleys and a lake near the Central Asian nation`s border with China since the helicopter disappeared Saturday.
Operations have been complicated by poor weather in the area.
The Russian-made Mi-8 helicopter was being leased to a Kazakh-Chinese oil pipeline construction company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly