8 missing after cargo ship and barge collided off China coast
Beijing: A dozen Chinese rescue vessels were
deployed today to search for eight people who are missing
after a cargo ship and barge collided in the sea off north
China`s Tianjin coast.
The Tianjin maritime affairs bureau said the vessels are
searching the area 13.38 nautical miles southeast of Dagu
The bureau confirmed a collision occurred at 1:45 am
yesterday between a cargo ship and a barge.
One of the nine crew members aboard the barge was rescued
before it sank. Crews aboard the cargo ship are safe and
Zhang Gaoli, Party chief of Tianjin, has instructed the
maritime department to make all-out efforts to rescue the
missing and prevent an oil spill, Xinhua reproted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested