8 relatives of golfer Jason Day die in Typhoon Haiyan: Report
Gold Coast (Australia): Jason Day`s mother says eight of the Australian golfer`s relatives died in Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, including his grandmother.
Day`s mother, Dening, told the Gold Coast Bulletin today that the golfer`s uncle and six cousins also died in the typhoon, which has killed nearly 4,000 people and left more than a thousand missing.
Day is playing in the World Cup of Golf starting Thursday at Royal Melbourne on Australia`s team with Adam Scott.
Day`s mother, who migrated from the Philippines to Australia 30 years ago, told the newspaper "my daughter has been updating him, but I don`t want to bother him because he has commitments."
She said many of her family members lived in the area around Tacloban, the capital of hardest-hit Leyte province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing