8 relatives of golfer Jason Day die in Typhoon Haiyan: Report
Gold Coast (Australia): Jason Day`s mother says eight of the Australian golfer`s relatives died in Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, including his grandmother.
Day`s mother, Dening, told the Gold Coast Bulletin today that the golfer`s uncle and six cousins also died in the typhoon, which has killed nearly 4,000 people and left more than a thousand missing.
Day is playing in the World Cup of Golf starting Thursday at Royal Melbourne on Australia`s team with Adam Scott.
Day`s mother, who migrated from the Philippines to Australia 30 years ago, told the newspaper "my daughter has been updating him, but I don`t want to bother him because he has commitments."
She said many of her family members lived in the area around Tacloban, the capital of hardest-hit Leyte province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures