8 relatives of golfer Jason Day die in Typhoon Haiyan: Report
Gold Coast (Australia): Jason Day`s mother says eight of the Australian golfer`s relatives died in Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, including his grandmother.
Day`s mother, Dening, told the Gold Coast Bulletin today that the golfer`s uncle and six cousins also died in the typhoon, which has killed nearly 4,000 people and left more than a thousand missing.
Day is playing in the World Cup of Golf starting Thursday at Royal Melbourne on Australia`s team with Adam Scott.
Day`s mother, who migrated from the Philippines to Australia 30 years ago, told the newspaper "my daughter has been updating him, but I don`t want to bother him because he has commitments."
She said many of her family members lived in the area around Tacloban, the capital of hardest-hit Leyte province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...