‘8% rise in Haj pilgrims’
Mecca: There has been an 8 percent rise in the number of Haj pilgrims this season in comparison to the last time, Xinhua reported Saturday citing Saudi Arabian authorities.
Of the total 3,161,573 pilgrims, 64.3 percent are male while 35.7 percent are female, Saudi News Agency quoted a statistics and information department official as saying.
Pilgrims come from 107 countries during the season, the official added.
Haj is one of the largest pilgrimages in the world and is the fifth pillar of Islam, a religious duty which must be carried out at least once in lifetime by every able-bodied Muslim able to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?