8-yr-old boy marries 61-yr-old mum of five
London: A boy aged 8 tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman in one of the most unusual weddings in Tshwane, South Africa. Schoolboy Sanele Masilela and mum-of-five Helen Shabangu exchanged rings and kissedin front of 100 guests that included her children and husband, the Sun reported.
But the couple, who got married after Masilela claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange, have not signed a marriage certificate nor do they live together.
His family insists that the wedding was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Masilela said that he was happy to get married to Shabangu, but will get married to a lady his age when he gets older.
The little boy`s 46-year-old mother Patience revealed that it was his Grandfather`s last wish to see him married before he died.
Shabangu agreed with her new mother-in law when she added that by doing that they made the ancestors happy and if they hadn`t something bad would have happened in the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!