8-yr-old boy marries 61-yr-old mum of five
London: A boy aged 8 tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman in one of the most unusual weddings in Tshwane, South Africa. Schoolboy Sanele Masilela and mum-of-five Helen Shabangu exchanged rings and kissedin front of 100 guests that included her children and husband, the Sun reported.
But the couple, who got married after Masilela claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange, have not signed a marriage certificate nor do they live together.
His family insists that the wedding was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Masilela said that he was happy to get married to Shabangu, but will get married to a lady his age when he gets older.
The little boy`s 46-year-old mother Patience revealed that it was his Grandfather`s last wish to see him married before he died.
Shabangu agreed with her new mother-in law when she added that by doing that they made the ancestors happy and if they hadn`t something bad would have happened in the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!