8-yr-old boy marries 61-yr-old mum of five
London: A boy aged 8 tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman in one of the most unusual weddings in Tshwane, South Africa. Schoolboy Sanele Masilela and mum-of-five Helen Shabangu exchanged rings and kissedin front of 100 guests that included her children and husband, the Sun reported.
But the couple, who got married after Masilela claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange, have not signed a marriage certificate nor do they live together.
His family insists that the wedding was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Masilela said that he was happy to get married to Shabangu, but will get married to a lady his age when he gets older.
The little boy`s 46-year-old mother Patience revealed that it was his Grandfather`s last wish to see him married before he died.
Shabangu agreed with her new mother-in law when she added that by doing that they made the ancestors happy and if they hadn`t something bad would have happened in the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened