8-yr-old boy marries 61-yr-old mum of five
London: A boy aged 8 tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman in one of the most unusual weddings in Tshwane, South Africa. Schoolboy Sanele Masilela and mum-of-five Helen Shabangu exchanged rings and kissedin front of 100 guests that included her children and husband, the Sun reported.
But the couple, who got married after Masilela claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange, have not signed a marriage certificate nor do they live together.
His family insists that the wedding was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Masilela said that he was happy to get married to Shabangu, but will get married to a lady his age when he gets older.
The little boy`s 46-year-old mother Patience revealed that it was his Grandfather`s last wish to see him married before he died.
Shabangu agreed with her new mother-in law when she added that by doing that they made the ancestors happy and if they hadn`t something bad would have happened in the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!