8-yr-old boy marries 61-yr-old mum of five
London: A boy aged 8 tied the knot with a 61-year-old woman in one of the most unusual weddings in Tshwane, South Africa. Schoolboy Sanele Masilela and mum-of-five Helen Shabangu exchanged rings and kissedin front of 100 guests that included her children and husband, the Sun reported.
But the couple, who got married after Masilela claimed his dead ancestors ordered him to arrange, have not signed a marriage certificate nor do they live together.
His family insists that the wedding was only a ritual and was not legally binding.
Masilela said that he was happy to get married to Shabangu, but will get married to a lady his age when he gets older.
The little boy`s 46-year-old mother Patience revealed that it was his Grandfather`s last wish to see him married before he died.
Shabangu agreed with her new mother-in law when she added that by doing that they made the ancestors happy and if they hadn`t something bad would have happened in the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire