80% Americans to definitely vote in US prez polls
Washington: Almost 80 percent Americans said that they would have ``definitely`` voted if presidential elections were conducted on Friday, according to a new poll.
According to Fox News Poll, among those almost 46 percent Americans preferred to vote for President Barack Obama, while 43 percent preferred to vote for Romney.
According to the poll, among independents, 37 percent backed Obama, while 31 percent backed Romney. The poll showed almost 40 percent of voters think the economy is getting better.
Almost 39 percent said that the economy is getting worse, while 18 percent said it`s the same. Perceptions of the economy was split down party lines, with 62 percent of Democrats saying that it`s getting better, and 66 percent Republicans saying it`s getting worse.
Most of the Americans also felt optimistic about the future, with 66 percent saying the economy will `` eventually`` recover to where it was before recession.
Almost 77 percent Democrats, 59 percent Republicans, and 58 percent Independents said the economy would get back to where it was pre-recession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video