80% Indian-Americans to vote for Obama: Poll
Washington: Indian-Americans would
overwhelmingly vote for US President Barack Obama in the
November presidential elections, while Mitt Romney has been
named as favourite among the Republican presidential
candidates, according to a latest opinion poll.
"Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney leads his
nearest rivals Ron Paul by 24.1 percentage points and former
Senator Rick Santorum by 33.4 percentage points," said the
latest national opinion poll among Indian-Americans.
"But if the presidential elections were held on Tuesday, an
overwhelming 80 per cent of Asian Indians would vote for
President Barack Obama," said the first of its kind survey
among Indian-Americans conducted by Boston-based INE Media
Inc., the publisher of Indus Business Journal and INDIA New
The online survey was conducted on February 22-26 with
respondents coming from across the country.
"This is the first survey of Asian Indians during this
presidential election season," said Upendra Mishra, publisher
of Indus Business Journal and INDIA New England.
"Indians have been primarily known in the United States
for their entrepreneurial skills with excellence in the
academic, scientific and technology fields, but now they`re
making their mark on both the local and national political
scenes," Mishra said.
In the survey, Romney got the maximum support among the
Republican candidates from the participants with 51.9 per
However, Obama got the commanding lead with 80 per cent
when pitted against the Republican candidates with Romney
securing 14.7 per cent support from the participants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH