80% Indian-Americans to vote for Obama: Poll
Washington: Indian-Americans would
overwhelmingly vote for US President Barack Obama in the
November presidential elections, while Mitt Romney has been
named as favourite among the Republican presidential
candidates, according to a latest opinion poll.
"Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney leads his
nearest rivals Ron Paul by 24.1 percentage points and former
Senator Rick Santorum by 33.4 percentage points," said the
latest national opinion poll among Indian-Americans.
"But if the presidential elections were held today, an
overwhelming 80 per cent of Asian Indians would vote for
President Barack Obama," said the first of its kind survey
among Indian-Americans conducted by Boston-based INE Media
Inc., the publisher of IndUS Business Journal and INDIA New
The online survey was conducted on February 22-26 with
respondents coming from across the country.
"This is the first survey of Asian Indians during this
presidential election season," said Upendra Mishra, publisher
of IndUS Business Journal and INDIA New England.
"Indians have been primarily known in the United States
for their entrepreneurial skills with excellence in the
academic, scientific and technology fields, but now they`re
making their mark on both the local and national political
scenes," Mishra said.
In the survey, Romney got the maximum support among the
Republican candidates from the participants with 51.9 per
However, Obama got the commanding lead with 80 per cent
when pitted against the Republican candidates with Romney
securing 14.7 per cent support from the participants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day