8.2-magnitude undersea earthquake strikes off Russia
Washington: An 8.2-magnitude earthquake under the Sea of Okhotsk was recorded early Friday, the US Geological Survey said.
The temblor was at a depth of 601.80 km, reported Xinhua.
The epicentre was located nearly 360 km southwest of Esso, a town in Russia`s Kamchatka Krai region.
The West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center of the US said in a statement that no tsunami is expected due to the depth of the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state