86 trapped at Mount Everest base camp
Lhasa: A total of 86 tourists were trapped Monday amid heavy snow at the base camp of Mount Everest, including 13 foreigners, Xinhua reported citing local authorities.
The tourists were about to go downhill after sightseeing at the base camp, which is 5,200 metres above sea level, according to the publicity department of Xigaze prefecture.
No casualty has been reported so far. Rescuers are currently clearing the way onto the base camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest