86 trapped at Mount Everest base camp
Lhasa: A total of 86 tourists were trapped Monday amid heavy snow at the base camp of Mount Everest, including 13 foreigners, Xinhua reported citing local authorities.
The tourists were about to go downhill after sightseeing at the base camp, which is 5,200 metres above sea level, according to the publicity department of Xigaze prefecture.
No casualty has been reported so far. Rescuers are currently clearing the way onto the base camp.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons