86 trapped at Mount Everest base camp
Lhasa: A total of 86 tourists were trapped Monday amid heavy snow at the base camp of Mount Everest, including 13 foreigners, Xinhua reported citing local authorities.
The tourists were about to go downhill after sightseeing at the base camp, which is 5,200 metres above sea level, according to the publicity department of Xigaze prefecture.
No casualty has been reported so far. Rescuers are currently clearing the way onto the base camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!