9 injured in suspected mafia attack in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem: A car bomb explosion near an army base in central Tel Aviv injured nine people in what police believes was an assassination attempt targeting a criminal syndicate.
Witnesses told Israel Radio that a motorcyclist approached the car on the corner of Menachem Begin Road and Shaul Hamelech Avenue and placed a bomb on it.
The device detonated shortly thereafter, causing the car to go up in flames.
Rescue agency paramedics said three people were slightly hurt in the incident, while six others suffered shock.
All of the injured were evacuated to Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv.
The explosion went off on a crosswalk not far from the an Israel defence Forces base.
The windows of a bus that was traveling nearby got shattered from the force of the blast.
Police suspect that the attack could possibly be an assassination attempt against the Alperon crime family, a major mafia group in Tel Aviv.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog