9 killed in overnight fire in Prague
Prague: An official says nine people have
been killed in a fire in an abandoned building in Prague.
Firefighter spokeswoman Pavlina Adamcova said the fire
broke out today in the dilapidated two-story building, which
had been slated to be demolished. The building near the city`s
main bus station collapsed before firefighters could enter.
Adamcova said eight people were found dead at the
scene. Police spokeswoman Ivana Jezkova said investigators
recovered one more body during the day.
The victims were not identified, but Czech public
radio and television stations say they were probably homeless.
The building belonged to Czech Railways and was
abandoned for a year. Adamcova says no nearby buildings were
Authorities continue to investigate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies