9 killed in overnight fire in Prague
Prague: An official says nine people have
been killed in a fire in an abandoned building in Prague.
Firefighter spokeswoman Pavlina Adamcova said the fire
broke out today in the dilapidated two-story building, which
had been slated to be demolished. The building near the city`s
main bus station collapsed before firefighters could enter.
Adamcova said eight people were found dead at the
scene. Police spokeswoman Ivana Jezkova said investigators
recovered one more body during the day.
The victims were not identified, but Czech public
radio and television stations say they were probably homeless.
The building belonged to Czech Railways and was
abandoned for a year. Adamcova says no nearby buildings were
Authorities continue to investigate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi