`9 members of family killed in Israeli airstrike`
Gaza: At least nine members of a family were killed in an Israeli airstrike on a house in Gaza Sunday, a Palestinian medic told RIA Novosti.
"Israeli aviation struck a house in the Sheikh Radwan district - nine people from the same family were killed," a doctor in Gaza`s main hospital said. "The neighbouring house was also damaged and we are continuing to pull injured people out of the rubble."
Four of the dead were children, the Palestinian Ma`an news agency said. The agency also said 11 people had died in the attack.
The airstrike was on the house of Mohamed Dalou, an official with the Hamas Islamist group that has ruled Gaza since 2007.
The deaths were the largest loss of life since Israel launched its attack on Gaza Oct 14.
Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh called the airstrike "an ugly massacre".
Sixty-four people, over 20 of them children, have been killed in Gaza during Israel`s ongoing military campaign, Gaza`s health ministry said Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH