`9 members of family killed in Israeli airstrike`
Gaza: At least nine members of a family were killed in an Israeli airstrike on a house in Gaza Sunday, a Palestinian medic told RIA Novosti.
"Israeli aviation struck a house in the Sheikh Radwan district - nine people from the same family were killed," a doctor in Gaza`s main hospital said. "The neighbouring house was also damaged and we are continuing to pull injured people out of the rubble."
Four of the dead were children, the Palestinian Ma`an news agency said. The agency also said 11 people had died in the attack.
The airstrike was on the house of Mohamed Dalou, an official with the Hamas Islamist group that has ruled Gaza since 2007.
The deaths were the largest loss of life since Israel launched its attack on Gaza Oct 14.
Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh called the airstrike "an ugly massacre".
Sixty-four people, over 20 of them children, have been killed in Gaza during Israel`s ongoing military campaign, Gaza`s health ministry said Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh