`9 members of family killed in Israeli airstrike`
Gaza: At least nine members of a family were killed in an Israeli airstrike on a house in Gaza Sunday, a Palestinian medic told RIA Novosti.
"Israeli aviation struck a house in the Sheikh Radwan district - nine people from the same family were killed," a doctor in Gaza`s main hospital said. "The neighbouring house was also damaged and we are continuing to pull injured people out of the rubble."
Four of the dead were children, the Palestinian Ma`an news agency said. The agency also said 11 people had died in the attack.
The airstrike was on the house of Mohamed Dalou, an official with the Hamas Islamist group that has ruled Gaza since 2007.
The deaths were the largest loss of life since Israel launched its attack on Gaza Oct 14.
Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh called the airstrike "an ugly massacre".
Sixty-four people, over 20 of them children, have been killed in Gaza during Israel`s ongoing military campaign, Gaza`s health ministry said Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold
- China: Man rapes housemate, dumps victim in suitcase
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi