9/11 attacks an excuse to mount attacks on Muslim world: Mahathir
Kuala Lumpur: Former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad has said he believes there is strong evidence to suggest the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States could have been “staged” as an excuse to mount attacks on the Muslim world.
“I am not sure now that Muslim terrorists carried out these attacks. There is evidence that the attacks were staged. If they can make Avatar, they can make anything,” The Star quoted Mohamad, as saying at a press conference here yesterday.
He said killing innocent people to provide an excuse for war was not new to the US.
“But whether real or staged, the 9/11 attacks have served the United States and Western countries well. They have an excuse to mount attacks on the Muslim world,” he added. -
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda