9/11 lawyer to challenge secret Guantanamo camp
Guantanamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba): A lawyer for a Guantanamo Bay prisoner charged in the Sept 11 terror attacks plans to challenge conditions inside the top-secret prison-within-a-prison known as Camp 7.
James Connell says he was able to see the camp and meet there for the first time with his client, Ammar al-Baluchi.
Connell says that he can`t yet reveal what he saw but that he does not believe conditions meet Geneva Conventions standards.
A judge granted Connell and two experts 12 hours to view the camp and meet with al-Baluchi. The lawyer had never before seen the inside of Camp 7, which is so shrouded in secrecy that its location on the US base in Cuba is classified.
A pretrial hearing for al-Baluchi and four others charged in the attacks starts Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO