9/11 lawyer to challenge secret Guantanamo camp
Guantanamo Bay Naval Base (Cuba): A lawyer for a Guantanamo Bay prisoner charged in the Sept 11 terror attacks plans to challenge conditions inside the top-secret prison-within-a-prison known as Camp 7.
James Connell says he was able to see the camp and meet there for the first time with his client, Ammar al-Baluchi.
Connell says that he can`t yet reveal what he saw but that he does not believe conditions meet Geneva Conventions standards.
A judge granted Connell and two experts 12 hours to view the camp and meet with al-Baluchi. The lawyer had never before seen the inside of Camp 7, which is so shrouded in secrecy that its location on the US base in Cuba is classified.
A pretrial hearing for al-Baluchi and four others charged in the attacks starts Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video